mardi 8 avril 2014

Hair Routine: 1st Part "Oil Treatment + Shampoo"

Being "Nappy" or "Natural and Happy" is not fashionable. It's a state of mind. For others like me, it's a way to express ourselves in the society. In another post, I will give you every details concerning my natural hair. But for now, I'll talk to you about my regimen.

It has been two years and one month that I am nappy. I have used a lot of products in my hair during those two years. However, I decided to share with you most of the products I used often and also my hair likes.

I'm a 4a-4b hair. It's not really kinky cause my hair does have loose curls. The first thing I start whenever I do a treatment on my hair is the "Oil Treatment".
 It consist of applying your favorite oils on your hair. This process reinforces your hair by adding proteins and give a shine. I always start with it before shampooing because shampoo usually dries the hair off and removes all the nutrients in your hair. So you want to make sure your hair contains enough protein to remain healthy. Now, You do not need to mix all the oils in the world to do your treatment. If you have one oil that you prefere and your hair likes, you may use it and apply on your scalp, the lenght and most important on the ends of your hair. The ends are usually dries so you want to make sure they receive enough nutrients. In my case, I mixed Black Castor, Jojoba, Olive, Rosemary, Vitamin E, Argan, Almond and Peppermint Oils (Peppermint oil by Eden Body Works has no parabens and no mineral oils, It's excellent for natural hair type.) Shaked them and apply it as explained in the beginning. Then, wear a plastic cap or bag to create the heat. If you're in a hurry, you may go under a dryer for about 30min. When I have time, I leave it on my hair for 30min minimum.
If you are a new "Nappy" and do not know what kind of oils to use, I recommend Olive and Coconut oils because they are very light and easy to absord. Most of kinky hairs easily absorbs those oils. You may also try the African Shea Butter. This is an amazing product.

Few hours later, it's time to shampoo your hair. In that video,
 I used the African Black Soap Deep Cleaning from the Shea Moisture brand to wash out my hair. With some water in my spray bottle, I added some of that shampoo then apply it on my hair. You can make sections on your hair if you want too. I like sections cause it prevents knots and at the same time, I can finger detangle my hair. I leave it for about 5min then I rinse off.

Then, I shampoo my hair a second time but this time, I use the L'Oreal Shampoo for Colored Hair. Because I have colored hair, I used this shampoo just to give some sheen to my hair.







You may skip that step if you don't want to use a second shampoo but it's my preference. Then, you may go to the next part on the post "Hair Routine: Mask + Conditioner"




2 commentaires:

  1. Good job girl....

    Hope it's didn't took too long for you to write this post ?

    See you

    Grace

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thank Grace!! Hope you doing great! Take care and love you ^_^

    RépondreSupprimer